Aruba To Panama | Day 3

With an ever changing forecast it makes decisions somewhat more difficult. Our plans to sail directly to Panama came to question today as the end of the week is looking unsettled with widespread thunder. We decided to find out all options and contact the marina in Columbia to find out the complications that would arise if we arrived having our Panama rather than Columbia on our form. Turns out, complicated and potentially even more expensive!

So, we have made a decision to stick north away from the worst of the weather and continue. Although the forecast is for widespread thunder, the cape index is very low meaning the storms are likely to be less intense and frequent. The next few days will tell! Aside from a day spent making decisions, the sailing has been good. We’ve averaged over 6 knots and the seas have started to calm as we leave behind Cabo de Vela.

Aruba To Panama | Day 3Aruba To Panama | Day 3Aruba To Panama | Day 3

Door Adam · Reis: Sailing Around The World · Hoofdstuk: Canary Islands To Caribbean